The barista is responsible for ordering and stocking all items necessary for the coffee bar. Must be able to produce espresso drinks with quality and excellent customer service. Must be aware of upcoming events and plan accordingly. Will work with the team to develop and maintain daily specials for Café. Responsible for cleanliness of the café and the appearance at all times knowing that the Food Service Department is subject to routine inspections by the Health Department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to serve customers and provide consistent quality customer service.
- Assist in organizing and cleaning.
- Responsible for setting up and maintain Gloria Jean’s product in stocked areas.
- Will always work with Head Chef to provide customers with the best product and customer service.
- Responsible for keeping track of registers and daily totals of all in house billing.
Education and Experience:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Food Service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Knowledge of procedures relating to high volume.
- Product rotation and cost factors.
- Ability to multi-task and perform with excellence.
- Must have a grasp of good customer service skills
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Cash Register, Espresso Machine, Blender, Ice Machine, Coffee Machine, Mop & Bucket, Personal Computer, Copier and Fax Machine
- Dishwasher, Slicer, Carts, Ovens, Grill, Stoves, Knives
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Able to lift 30 lbs. Push 75 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of eight hours per day
- Physical ability to push, pull, bend, stand, and stoop.
- Fast-Pace Environment
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to focus on duties, and multi-task
- Logical follow-through
- Must react favorably in all work situations
- Must be able to work in high noise and typical foodservice environment with high customer volume periods.
- Works on the first shift require working in-doors 95%, with some outdoor work 5% of the time.
- Overtime required most overtime would be on weekends
- Works in a kitchen environment
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties, and divisions
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Membership and attendance at EMIC are preferred
- Because of the wide range of personal contact with ministry leaders within and outside the organization, this position requires considerable diplomacy, maturity, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with people of all cultures