The NSE Team Supervisor is the technical and resources lead responsible for overseeing the Network and System Engineering's day-to-day operations by providing professional leadership to the Network and System Engineering team. The individual will be the team's technical go-to person responsible for managing and monitoring all Networks and Systems Engineering infrastructure, including IT technical and infrastructure projects. The person is also responsible for ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and IT security for the Ministry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall operation of the NSE team capacity, providing direction and oversight to the team members and working closely with the IT teams ensuring the delivery of projects within the designated timeline.
- The individual must be hands-on, configuring and implementing servers and applications as needed for high availability.
- The successful candidate will play an active role in participative management and problem solving, challenging the status quo with team members to discover new and effective ways of serving ministry teams, and creating action plans to implement those ideas.
- Provides technical oversight and project leadership to the team and assign tasks based on project objectives.
- The individual is responsible for submitting regular reports on the team's activities, ticketing system, and reporting tool.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the IT Infrastructure.
- Responsible for mentoring NSE team members.
- Provides day to day Data Center administration and management.
- Responsible for Network and Security Management, emergency response, design, and deployment of new technology and processes that would contribute to cost savings and productivity improvements, administration, and development of network and voice usage policies and standards, proactive management of security and network systems that protect corporate data.
- Responsible for supervising and working with other teams in designing and implementing systems.
- Responsible for gathering system requirements for new projects.
- Proactive engagement in IT infrastructure troubleshooting, problem-solving and project challenges.
- Accountable for working with other teams to resolve complex network, operating system, and application issues.
- Responsible for managing and tracking Licenses and renewals, end of life infrastructure replacements.
- Coordinate all monthly and yearly maintenance and patch cycle, making sure proper change management procedures are observed.
- Other duties as assigned by the management.
- Supervise the Network and System Engineering
- Responsible for managing, mentoring, and building the Network and System Engineering team.
- Oversee all server and network infrastructure.
- Interface with the other Supervisors to make sure IT projects are on time and budget.
- Responsible for managing budget and all related renewals.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Related IT field, or proven work experience of 7 years in the same or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience in Network and System Engineering environment is a must.
- 3-5+ years of experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server environments, and Virtualization knowledge (VMWare).
- 3-5+ years of network experience, including IP Networking & IP Telephony - IP phones, SIP Trunking, Voice/Data Cabling System Design & Implementation, ISP and IVR, firewall and gateway management, and switches.
- Office 365 and Azure experience.
- A general breadth and depth of experience in different hardware platforms, cloud services, and line of business applications.
- Current Network, Systems Administration and Operating System Certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent and thorough network experience is a must.
- Advanced work experience with specified hardware and software and a variety of network protocols involved in LAN and WAN interfacing, security, internet protocols, and TCP/IP, VLAN, etc. and network infrastructure.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Active Directory, backup and recovery, and data center hardware, including network switches, network appliances, servers, and storage (Nimble and Rubrik experience preferred).
- In-depth experience in Windows Server 2012/2016 and 2019, Exchange 2013/2016, Windows Clustering, Linux CentOS 6, and 7., Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience preferred, Microsoft Office 365, and AZURE experience preferred.
- Strong ability to manage projects from start to finish and communicate.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of various LDAP concepts. Experience with ADSI Edit or other LDAP administration tools aside from ADUC or ADAC is a plus.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Windows Registry to backup and restore, modify keys, create keys, and create registry merges.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Group Policy Objects and how it relates to security and administrative restrictions on servers and workstations.
- Must have a thorough understanding of file, share permissions, and related concepts in multiple operating systems (Windows/Linux); VMware experience is a must.
- Experience in creating and modifying advanced shell scripts to automate tasks with the ability to comprehend and reproduce complex algorithms.
- Windows command shell
- PHP is a plus
- Perl is a plus
- Previous experience with VDI and softphone system a plus.
- Experience in Telecommunications Facilities, including MPLS and DSL, a plus.
- Experience with firewalls and network security.
- Experience and working knowledge of design telecommunications infrastructure consisting of telephone, fax, voice/data, wireless, voice mail, and IVR systems.
- Previous experience with CISCO switches configurations.
- Knowledge of Call Center IVR / ACD, including Unified Communications, Contact Center, and voice mail.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of supervisory and non-supervisory employees.
- Confident, self-starting, and goal oriented.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Standard office equipment and current on emerging technology and IT Network and Systems technologies.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Able to lift 30 lbs. – sometimes, you are required to walk, sit, talk, stand, stoop, bend, push, pull, and carry.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for a minimum of seven hours per day.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculator, telephones and other office equipment.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must be very organized and require a modicum of instruction.
- Must be able to thoroughly comprehend highly detailed and complex technical documentation and procedures with the ability to adapt and apply concepts therein to accommodate the needs of an ever-changing networking environment.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be detailed, organized, and communicative.
- Must be task and goal oriented.
- Requires the ability to prioritize and manage concurrent tasks.
- Must adapt well to changing work situations.
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, make effective decisions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must relate and interact with people at all levels.
- Must have good verbal and written command of the English language.
- Works in a normal/typical office environment with minimum supervision.
- Strick adherence to the Ministry's policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- A commitment to carry out the Ministry's policies is required.
- Team-oriented environment, a team player characteristic, and lifestyle required.
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives.
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension and division.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.