The Purchasing Agent is given the ministry's authority to act as a representative, official, or emissary to purchase a wide variety of materials. The position primarily purchases for our IT Department while providing support for other ministry projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with local and national vendors to negotiate the best price for each item by sending out bid requests. Determines which vendor would be best suited for each specific job. This is based on price, quality of work, turnaround time, history, and vendor reliability.
- Research and Bid/Quote for budgeting purposes and turnaround times.
- Work as a liaison between KCM and vendors to coordinate all job specifications and delivery schedules.
- Suggest materials or components which may benefit the ministry.
- Conduct quality checks as necessary. This may require a meeting with the vendor/supplier/manufacturer and KCM Reps for final adjustments, if needed, for the desired outcome.
- Visit facilities, if needed, to effectively evaluate prospective vendors. Inspect facility quality control, the condition of plant and equipment, atmosphere, production procedure, and service
- Make prompt and fair adjustments when performance is deficient such as quality or timely delivery.
- Efficient scheduling and planning are required.
- When necessary, conduct conference calls between KCM departments and the vendor to guarantee the quality of purchased items is to our specifications.
- Maintain consistency of quality from project to project
- Develop good vendor relationships to create an attitude and desire to furnish the ministry with new ideas, products, and better prices and service
- Assist in complicated problem solving and decision making
- Must be able to identify qualified, reliable and progressive sources of supply and attain and maintain their active interest and cooperation in supplying and servicing the ministry
- Advise vendors of complex and rigid specifications for custom designed or unique items
- Coordinate delivery, set up, installation, and manufacturing time frames, which may require several vendors to complete one project.
- Able to handle problems or delays and manage critical delivery times
- Follow up on jobs to ensure that the vendor met all the required specifications.
- Responsible for authorizing payment of invoices and contacting vendors for any discrepancy
- Maintains a budget for hardware software and maintenance contract support and renewals
- Contractual files of key projects contractual terms and projects renewal dates
- Five years of professional purchasing experience
- High level of technical knowledge in the IT industry
- A high level of mental/visual effort is required due to continuous attention to the necessary details.
- Able to handle interruptions and work at a fast pace while maintaining good decision-making skills.
- Efficient scheduling and planning abilities are necessary to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be self-motivated and not easily intimidated—eager to confront.
- Type 50 wpm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- "Do what it takes" attitude.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Peacemaker – not easily rattled.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Computer, calculator, printer, copier, scanner, fax machine, telephone
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 7.5 hours.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, or bend at times.
- Must be able to push, pull, or carry heavy equipment.
- Required to operate computers, fax machines, calculators, and telephone.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must be very organized and require a limited amount of instruction.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be detailed, organized, and communicative.
- Must be task and goal-oriented.
- Able to multi-task.
- Must adapt well to changing work situations.
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions.
- Must relate and interact with people at all levels.
- Must have a good command of the English language and be able to proofread work.
- Standard office environment.
- Heavy phone use.
- Works at a fast pace.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties, and divisions
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Membership and attendance at EMIC are preferred
- Because of the wide range of personal contact with ministry leaders within and outside the organization, this position requires considerable diplomacy, maturity, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with people of all cultures