Under minimal supervision, assists the executive team, providing administrative support. These responsibilities include budget oversight, direct mail, communication liaison on behalf of the EMIC staff, members of the Church and KCM. Conducts research, handles confidential information, exercising considerable judgment and discretion in completing special assignments. Works as a member of the team to provide information, support initiatives, streamline processes for ministry growth as directed by the team lead.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the team in regard to the church and/or ministry to partners and friends of KCM.
- Provides administrative, technical and prayerful support
- Reviews own procedures for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops the budget for any upcoming ministry travel or personal ministry requests requested by the team working with other departments such as aviation, international and accounting when necessary to plan and prepare budgets for the Director. Ministry invitations, equipment for the office (church or home).
- Conducts necessary research, analyzes information, and provides recommendations and alternatives for problem resolution.
- Gathers all needed reports and assigns recommendations by due dates, assembles them into organized format, and prepares an executive summary as directed.
- Attends meetings, compiles minutes, follow up memos confirming decisions, tasks assigned to appropriate individuals. Conducts follow through to ensure all tasks are complete.
- Coordinates, prepares in written form and disseminates meeting agendas with other staff members. Preemptively has prepared any information needed for meetings.
- Handle all incoming correspondence (email, US mail, etc.) and directs it to the proper area for response. Discerns and responds to all correspondence, phone calls, etc. w/minimal input or supervision
- Is able to write to others on behalf of the team, capturing the heart and style in letter form.
- Coordinates extensive travel arrangements and schedules for the team, to include Ministry opportunities locally nationally and at time coordinating for international travel with the International Director and/or KCM International offices. Also requires good communication with Victory Eagle Aviation for travel arrangements.
- Works with KCM Publications and Television departments to coordinate timelines, written articles, TV taping opportunities, etc. for the Senior Pastor.
- Communicates consistently with and provides information to the other Executive Assistant regarding ministry initiatives and schedules.
- Functions as an assistant to the team when requested in EMIC services and other special service meetings, etc. including Ladies Ministry events, Prayer, Groups, Conferences, International events, etc.
- Provides support to the Director (CCO) and Manager of Church Operations as requested.
- Responsible to provide transcribed messages and/or organization of messages for potential product development.
- Fully utilizes ACS, Active Collab and other ministry software as implemented as a staff resource.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate; extra training in Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 3 to 5 years project and administrative office experience.
- Extensive International Ministry preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Type at or above 50 wpm
- Strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties and divisions
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Membership and attendance at EMIC are preferred
- Because of the wide range of personal contact with ministry leaders within and outside the organization, this position requires considerable diplomacy, maturity, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with people of all cultures
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a computer for a minimum of seven hours per day.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally by commercial carrier.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must be very organized and require a modicum of instruction.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be detailed, organized and communicative.
- Must be task and goal oriented.
- Requires the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions.
- Must be able to discern spiritual situations and be willing to pray with people.
- Must relate and interact well with people at all levels.
- Must have good command of the English language and be able to proofread work.
- Must have a sense of the workings of a ministry, and the demands physically, emotionally and spiritually of the staff and pastors.
- Must adapt well to changing work situations.
- Must maintain a professional working relationship with the Senior Pastor and other staff.
- Works in a typical church or office setting.
- Weekends and evening hours may be required.