Aviation Line Service Technician
Monday - Thursday 7:30 am- 6:00 pm
Assist Lead Line Service Technician with aircraft fueling, cleaning and stocking. Give support in Fuel Farm services and inspections. Be available for all aircraft arrival and departures. Assist maintenance technicians with maintenance of aircraft housed at facility. Must display willingness and ability to participate in planning, construction, logistics, and other non-aviation activities in support of the deployment are essential components of this position. Participates in 24/7 on call rotating shifts. KCM Aviation is a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 91 Flight Department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Properly operate and maintain ground support equipment such as aircraft lavatory service cart, jacks, and ground power units.
- Maintain inventory of consumable and production supplies needed to perform aircraft cleaning and line service.
- Clean and detail aircraft. This requires knowledge of techniques to properly maintain interior and exterior of all aircraft that operate at KCM as listed below:
- Provide care and service of all interior materials including leather.
- Maintain protective coating on all painted surfaces to promote the life of the paint finish.
- Properly care for carpet, including removal and reinstallation of carpet when needed for cleaning.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment in the hangar.
- Refuel aircraft per pilot and aircraft manufacturer specifications.
- Relocate and park aircraft using tugs as needed.
- Perform shop and equipment repair, maintenance, and upkeep (appearance).
- Assist maintenance technicians with various aircraft maintenance projects as needed.
- Must be able to pass and maintain currency in Line Service Training and Proficiency course.
- Assist crew and/or passengers with positive “can-do” attitude.
- Observes all aviation safety and environmental rules and policies.
- Maintain shop and hangar tools and equipment.
- Actively participate in KCM’s Safety Management System (SMS).
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Complete all required paperwork, maintain proficient records of tasks, when required.
- Use and operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no re-work.
- Assist team members in the performance of operations that are required for the mission.
- Interface effectively with management and team members.
- Be flexible with schedule, working nights and weekends when the job requires.
- Assist the flight crew in loading and unloading passenger baggage.
- Maintain schedule and events on departmental Outlook calendar.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.