The Director of Music and Worship Arts oversees, manages and/or coordinates all aspects of spirit-led and faith-building music, drama, dance, visual and other artistic expressions of worship campus-wide. The Director of Music and Worship Arts is committed to a blended/convergence worship style that is creative, visionary, flexible, diverse and consistent with the Heritage of Faith of Kenneth Copeland Ministries. The position reports to the senior pastors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the senior pastors to develop worship programming that supports and enhances their vision and goals for our congregation and partners.
- Develops, oversees and/or coordinates the growth of all campus-wide music and worship arts programs for all ages.
- Oversees the spiritual and artistic development of music teams by equipping and ministering to the individual members of those teams.
- Oversees the spiritual and artistic development of the various worship arts leaders and teams by ministering to them through prayer, teaching, coaching, training, mentoring and Godly example.
- Works in coordination and consultation with the KCM Music Director to promote worship arts continuity and integration ministry-wide.
- Teaches or preaches in EMIC/KCM services and Kenneth Copeland Bible College when scheduled.
- Encourages high standards of spiritual commitment and ministry excellence in all worship arts team members, holding them accountable for their public ministry at EMIC/KCM
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, develops and selects worship music consistent with the message and culture of EMIC
- Works with the Creative Service Team to determine flow of services
- Creates service flow elements for each service and enters them into Planning Center Online for all team members to use for service preparation
- Oversees all rehearsals related to the campus-wide music program to insure professionalism, timeliness and productivity
- Conducts auditions and rehearsals, and directs all development, training and selection of team members for all praise and worship and music teams
- Develops skill sets of all music team members for special audio and video recordings
- Oversees the maintenance of ACS roster and Planning Center Online databases of all praise and worship team members and potential substitute musicians
- Oversees the scheduling of rehearsals and music team members for all EMIC services campus-wide
- Oversees preparation of new instrumental and vocal charts for adult music teams and provides lyrics for all new music to teleprompt team
- Oversees the maintenance of music chart/ lyric books, archives and online resources for all praise and worship team members campus-wide
- Oversees the preparation and maintenance of all records and reports relating to CCLI (church copyright licensing)
- Conducts training classes, seminars and workshops in related areas
- Provides direction to audio, TV, internet and tape duplication with regards to services
- Oversees staff, contractors and volunteers who lead Student Ministries worship programs and teams (i.e., Superkids, 1440, Young Adults, etc.)
- Plans seasonal and special event worship services
- Pastoral, musical and artistic oversight of worship arts teams’ campus-wide
- Leading, organizing, managing, training and providing feedback worship arts staff, students and volunteers