PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Minister to senior high students through services, Bible studies, home groups, and campus clubs.
Support students and families through participation in on and off property events.
Mentor and train a group of core volunteer leads as well as youth and adult volunteers.
Minister in various capacities outside the youth department as part of the expectations and requirements of the EMIC Pastoral team.
Minister and communicate well to parents and families for issues related to their child or youth ministry especially in times of crisis.
Implement strategy to help build the Youth program.
Work in conjunction with the Middle School Pastor, Children’s Pastor and College and Career Minister to ensure smooth student transitions across all platforms of student ministries.
Develop assimilation strategies for students and their families into EMIC.
Develop and implement plans and procedures to partner with school districts and community groups for the purpose of support and ministry.
Develop and document consistent policies and procedures in relation to the Youth department.
Partner with parents in order to provide support during issues related to their child, times of transition, etc.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College level youth ministry training preferred
- Must have proven experience in ministry leadership with a large sized youth group.
- 3-5 years experience working with Youth in their respective cultures and environments preferred
- 3 years' experience in church/ministry leadership
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of the Word of God and able to minister to children, parents, adults and volunteers effectively.
- Must have the ability to train and supervise volunteers.
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness are required.
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in written form.
- Must be proficient in time management, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Computer, fax, telephone, calculator, copier, printer and basic audio/visual equipment
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit at a computer 7 hours a day
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Able to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans
- Must be very detailed, organized and require a modicum of instruction
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations
- Must be communicative
- Must be task and goal oriented
- Requires the ability to multi-task
- Must adapt well to changing work situations
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions
- Must be able to discern spiritual situations and be willing to pray with people
- Must relate and interact with all people
- Must have good command of the English language and be able to proofread work
- Must have a sense of the workings of a ministry and the demands physically, emotionally and spiritually of the staff and pastors
- Weekends and evening hours will be required
- Works in typical church, office and classroom settings
- May travel domestically and internationally to meetings and events
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension and division
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Must be a member of EMIC, regularly attend church services, and support the leadership of EMIC.
- Must be a regular tither to EMIC.
- Must possess a servant’s hear and operate as Armor Bearer.
- Sensitive to needs of others, which includes a love and commitment to the members and congregation of EMIC and Kenneth Copeland Ministries staff.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with diverse groups of people, considerable skill and diplomacy in communication. Ability to build effective working relationships inside and outside departments or groups.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative. Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Operates with pre-emptive thinking and must be discerning and able to make good judgment calls with minimum supervision.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job element of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.